Code of Conduct
at IBM Events
IBM is dedicated to providing a safe, respectful, comfortable, and harassment-free environment for all participants at IBM events. IBM events will be free of discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic, including race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age, political affiliation, or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran. By participating in this event whether as delegate/attendee, speaker, exhibitor, organizer, volunteer, or guest, you agree to adhere to this Code of Conduct. If you violate it, you may be expelled from the event without refund at the discretion of IBM (or the event organizers), and IBM (or the event organizers) may take such other action as it deems appropriate.
IBM is committed to the free expression of ideas in a respectful and professional manner. Participants at IBM events will not engage in unacceptable or illegal behavior which includes, but is not limited to, the following as determined by IBM or the event organizers in their sole discretion:
- Verbal, physical or visual conduct regarding an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age, political affiliation, or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran that is unsolicited, unwelcome, or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
- Sexualized language or images in public spaces, including presentations.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Physical, verbal, or written, abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Possessing any illegal substance or item. IBM does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances or items anywhere in the event venues.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
If someone engaged in unacceptable or illegal behavior, please report the circumstances as soon as possible, so that effective, appropriate action can be taken.
IBM may revise this Code of Conduct at any time. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to IBM’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.