Using the VSE Navigator Application
The VSE Navigator is a Java™ application that uses virtually all the VSE Java Beans shown in Table 1. It implements a graphical user interface (GUI) that has a similar appearance to many of the currently-available file managers.
The client-part of the VSE Navigator, which communicates with the VSE Connector Server, provides you with a variety of functions. You can, for example:
- Access VSE file systems (POWER®, Librarian, ICCF, VSAM).
- Create and submit jobs, including generating jobs based upon the skeletons stored in ICCF library 2.
- Work with the VSE operator console.
- Compare files, and perform a full-text search in VSE-based file systems.
- Interactively insert and edit VSAM records.
- the VSE hardware configuration, including the property dialogs for attached devices
- the VSE system activity (CPU usage, and so on)
- the current VSE service level
- the system labels
- the system tasks
- the used and free VSAM space
- VSAM data, via maps and views
Here are two examples of the GUI provided by the VSE Navigator: