Installing the VSE Script Connector
This topic first provides an overview of how the VSE Script Connector is used. Then it describes how you install the server-part (the VSE Script Server) of the VSE Script Connector.
The client-part of the VSE Script Connector (the VSE Script Client) is not installed here, but can be either:
- a user-written Java™ application.
- a user-written non-Java application.
- an existing office product, such as a word-processing or spreadsheet program.
- The VSE Script Server must run on a Java-enabled platform.
- The client-part (the VSE Script Client) can run on either a Java-enabled platform or a non-Java-enabled platform.
- You are not required to write your own Java code in order to use the VSE Script Connector. Instead, you simply write your own VSE Scripts, using the IBM-supplied VSE Script Language.