Adding tasks to NetView automation
When you customize ADCD, and want new tasks to start automatically after a system IPL, add the tasks to NetView® automation. Otherwise, you need to start the new tasks manually.
To add tasks to NetView automation, complete the following steps:
- Update NetView.CNM01.CNMCLST(GLBCNM01). Each system task is defined in this
member with a block of REXX code. Take a DBB system task as an example.
/*** DBB START ***/ X = X + 1 VARNAME = SYSSTR||TASK.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||TASK.X ' = "DBB"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = 'DBB' DBB = X 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = SYSSTR||DESC.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||DESC.X ' = "Dependency Based Build"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME X VARNAME = SYSSTR||STRT.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||STRT.X ' = "MVS S DBB"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = SYSSTR||STOP.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||STOP.X ' = "MVS P DBB"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = SYSSTR||PARN.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||PARN.X ' = "RESTCASH"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = SYSSTR||STAT.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||STAT.X ' = ' IF STATUS <> '' THEN 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME VARNAME = SYSSTR||DWNL.X INTERPRET SYSSTR||DWNL.X ' = "3"' 'GLOBALV PUTC 'VARNAME /*** DBB END ***/
- X = X + 1
- Specifies the increment of task counters by 1.
- Sets the task variable name to system task name.
- Dependency Based Build
- Sets the short description of DBB.
- MVS™ S DBB
- Sets the z/OS® start command for TCP/IP.
- MVS P DBB
- Sets the z/OS shutdown command for DBB.
- Sets the dependencies that must be up or active before DBB is started.
- Sets all user tasks with this same setting
- This value can be set to all tasks.
After you save the new task block in the member GLBCNM01, the task will be active when you start NetView next time.
- Ensure that the related startup and shutdown messages are configured in the
- If the startup messages are configured, the following code sets the task status to UP. Take
TCP/IP as an example.
* IF MSGID = 'EZAIN11I' & TEXT=MESSAGE THEN EXEC(CMD('POSTUP TCPIP') ROUTE(ONE AUTO1));
You must ensure that no other code blocks exist in this member, which might result in conflicting matches. If the conflicting matches occur, the first code block takes the precedence.
- If the shutdown messages are configured, the following code sets the task status to DOWN. Take
TCP/IP as an example.
* IF MSGID = 'IEF404I' & JOBNAME = 'TCPIP' THEN EXEC(CMD('SETSTAT TCPIP DOWN') ROUTE(ONE AUTO1));
- If the startup messages are configured, the following code sets the task status to UP. Take TCP/IP as an example.
- Set the subsystem startup requirements at the IPL time. All tasks that are defined to NetView can be controlled to start or not at IPL time, through
the system symbolic parameters are defined in the FEU.Z25C.PARMLIB.
- The member IEASYMAU is used to provision ADCD to non-OpenShift® environments.
The system symbols that are defined need to match the z/OS task name that is defined in the member GLBCNM01. Take DBB as an example.
- NOS signifies NO START.
- IPL signifies to start DBB at IPL Time.