Creating ADCD images
Learn how to create images from Extended ADCD packages.
ZVDT supports creating an image by selecting the existing Extended ADCD components. You can create an image and select the pre-packaged components that contain IBM® z/OS® software, such as CICS® 5.2 or 5.3, Db2® V11 or V12, and the required z/OS 2.4 components.
To create an image from Extended ADCD, complete the following steps:
- Select an ADCD source environment that from the drop-down menu in the SOURCE ENVIRONMENT pane.
- Click Create Images on the home page. Or, click the Images tab on the header, and click Create image.
- Enter a unique name that can be used to recognize the ADCD image.
- Optional: Select if you want to include IBM Z® components in the ADCD image.
- Optional: Enable the Adjust advanced settings option, and enter an
integer in the box of Number of cryptographic coprocessor and
Domains. Note: If you want to run a hypervisor that is configured to require a cryptographic coprocessor, enable this function. You need to ensure that the number of cryptographic coprocessors that is defined in the image matches the configuration of your z/OS system.
- Optional: Enter some notes that can help you identify the image.
- Select all the components from Extended ADCD and the extracted IBM Z components that you want to include in the ADCD image. Note:
Restriction: Only one Db2 runtime can be included in an ADCD image that contains a Db2 component. If you select more than one Db2 runtime in the Extended ADCD packages first, the check box of the extracted Db2 components will be disabled. If select more than one Db2 component first, only one Db2 runtime in the Extended ADCD packages can be selected.
- To include a CICS or Db2 component that was extracted from other z/OS system, the ADCD image you create must include one CICS runtime or Db2 runtime component from the selected Extended ADCD package.
- The CICS components and data set components can be only included in the ADCD image of z/OS 2.3 May 2018 Edition or later versions.
- The Db2 components can be only included in the ADCD image of z/OS 2.3 May 2019 Edition or later versions.
- Click Show number items selected to verify the components that are selected to create the image. Then, click Create image.