Installing z/OS Explorer and the z/OS Connect EE API toolkit
To design and create APIs you need to use the z/OS Connect EE API toolkit that is provided as a plug-in for IBM® Explorer for z/OS Aqua.
Before you begin
About this task
The z/OS Connect EE API toolkit can be downloaded from the Download Eclipse tools by following the installation path for Aqua 3.1 (Eclipse 4.6 Neon).
- Go to the IBM Z development tools downloads page.
You can choose either the IBM Installation Manager (IBM IM) or Eclipse p2 installation path. In this example, we will use IM.
Follow the IBM IM path and the instructions on the page
to choose your installation option and add the repository URL to your Installation Manager.
Important: Follow the instructions for Aqua 3.1 (Eclipse 4.6 Neon) on the download site.
- On the main IM screen, click Install.
- On the Install Packages dialog, select IBM Explorer for z/OS, if not already installed, and IBM z/OS Connect EE API toolkit. Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the selected packages.
- When the installation has completed, close Installation Manager.