System Recovery Boost requires a z15 or higher processor and is supported on z/OS V2R3 and later.
- Using the IEASRB proc to enable or disable recovery process boosts
- Enhancements to the output of the D IPLINFO,BOOST,STATE command with message IEE258I. Note that with a z16 processor, message IEE258I shows additional information.
- Accounting enhancements related to actual and potential boost time reporting by SMF.
The following System Recovery Boost functions require a z16 processor and z/OS V2R4 or later:
- Boosting SVC dumps, loading HyperSwap configuration information, and middleware region startup
- Enhancements to the output of the D IPLINFO,BOOST,STATE command with message IEE258I that show usage of the pool of recovery process boost time and time until refresh of the pool.
For zIIP boost, you also need to have one or more zIIPs defined in the Image Activation Profile, either as initial or reserved processors, have physical zIIPs online in the CPC, have HiperDispatch enabled (the default), and be running with shared, not dedicated processors.
Speed boost is applicable only on a sub-capacity machine.