zfsadm aggrinfo displays information about an aggregate, or all attached aggregates, if there is no specific aggregate specified.
zfsadm aggrinfo [-aggregate name|-system sysname][-fast|-long] [-level][-help][-trace file_name]
- -aggregate name
- Specifies the name of an aggregate about which information is to be displayed. The aggregate must be attached. The aggregate name is not case-sensitive. It is translated to uppercase. If this option is omitted, information is provided about all of the attached aggregates on the system. Compatibility mode aggregates are implicitly attached when they are mounted.
- Causes the command to display a single line of output for each attached aggregate. See Usage notes for zfsadm aggrinfo for an explanation of the information that is displayed on each line.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options that are specified with this option are ignored.
- Prints the level of the zfsadm command. This option is useful when you are diagnosing a problem. Except for -help, all other valid options that are specified with -level are ignored.
- Causes the output of the command to be extended to display the following additional information
about space usage in an aggregate:
- Version of the aggregate
- File system identification (auditfid)
- Indicates sysplex-aware when the aggregate is sysplex-aware for read/write
- Indicates converttov5 if the aggregate has the converttov5 attribute
- Number of free 8-KB blocks
- Number of free 1-KB fragments
- Size of the log file
- Size of the filesystem table
- Size of the bitmap file
- If the aggregate is quiesced, the job name, system name and the time stamp of when the quiesce occurred.
- -system sysname
- Specifies the name of the system that owns the attached aggregates for which the information is displayed.
- -trace file_name
- Specifies the name of the file that will have the trace records written into it. The trace file
can be a z/OS UNIX file, an existing MVS sequential data set, or a member of either an existing
partitioned data set (PDS) or partitioned data set extended (PDSE). Use this option only at the
direction of IBM Support.
For information about preallocation instructions for debugging, see Step 5 (Optional) Preallocate data sets for debugging in zFS installation and configuration steps.
Because MVS data set names must be fully qualified, z/OS UNIX has special rules for specifying MVS data set names in the shell environment. For more information, see Specifying MVS data set names in the shell environment in z/OS UNIX System Services Command Reference.
Usage notes for zfsadm aggrinfo
- The zfsadm aggrinfo command lists information about the total amount of disk space and the amount of disk space currently available on attached aggregates. The -aggregate option can be used to specify a single aggregate about which information is to be displayed. If this option is omitted, information about all aggregates that are attached in the sysplex (if shared file systems are being used) or the system is displayed. In a shared file system environment, you can limit the display to a single system by using the -system option. Compatibility mode aggregates are implicitly attached when they are mounted.
- This command displays a separate line for each aggregate. Each line displays the following information:
- The aggregate name.
- Whether the aggregate is read/write (R/W) or read-only (R/O), it is a mounted compatibility mode aggregate (COMP) or an attached compatibility mode aggregate (MULT), or the aggregate is currently quiesced (QUIESCED), disabled (DISABLED), or both.
- The amount of space available in KB.
- The total amount of space in the aggregate in KB. (To grow an aggregate using the zfsadm grow command, specify a number larger than this number.)
- If -long is specified, the version of the aggregate, the auditfid, sysplex-aware if the aggregate is sysplex-aware for read/write, the converttov5 attribute, the number of free 8-KB blocks, the number of free 1-KB fragments, the size of the log file, the size of the file system table, the size of the bitmap file, and if the aggregate is quiesced, the job name, time stamp, and system name of the job.
The issuer does not need special authorization.
DCEIMGKC:/DCEIMGKC/home/suimgkc> zfsadm aggrinfo -long IOEZ00369I A total of 1 aggregates are attached to the sysplex. PLEX.AGGR (R/W COMP QUIESCED): 559 K free out of total 720 version 1.5 auditfid C3C6C3F0 F0F3000E 0000 sysplex-aware, converttov5 69 free 8k blocks; 7 free 1K fragments 112 K log file; 16 K filesystem table 8 K bitmap file Quiesced by job SUIMGKC3 on system DCEIMGKC on Mon Feb 11 16:04:36 2013
- zfsadm fsinfo
- zfsadm lsaggr