Displaying IPL information (IPLINFO)
- The date and time of the IPL
- The release level of the system
- The license value for the system
- The contents of parmlib members IEASYSxx and IEASYMxx
- LOADxx information used for the IPL
- The architecture level of the IPL
- The IODF (input/output definition file) device
- The IPL device and volume serial number from which the system was IPLed
- The status of MTL (manual tape library) tape devices
- If z/OS is running in a virtual machine, information about the virtual machine
- An indication that this was a validated boot, an audited validated boot, or not a validated boot.
Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,sysparm command to display the value specified or defaulted for any system parameter that is allowed within IEASYSxx. The output is message IEE255I.
Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,sysparm,STATE command to display the current state of sysparm.
- Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,ZAAPZIIP,STATE command to display the state (active or inactive) associated with the ZAAPZIIP system parameter. You can alternately use alias ZZ instead of ZAAPZIIP. The output is message IEE256I.
- Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,BOOST,STATE command to display
information about the boosts. The output is message IEE258I. (If you are using z/OS V2R3, the output
is message IEE257I which contains a subset of the information displayed by message IEE258I.) It
includes additional information about:
- Which boost(s) are active, time used and remaining, and, for recovery process boost, the identity of the requestor.
- Whether recovery process boosts are currently enabled or disabled.
- The time at which the most recent state change for this state occurred.
- The total allowed recovery process boost time per 24 hours (for zIIP boost).
- The amount of recovery process boost time that has been used within that 24 hour period (for zIIP boost).
- The total remaining recovery process boost time for the 24 hour period (for zIIP boost).
- The time until the recovery process boost amount will be refreshed to the total.
- Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,CRYPCTRS,STATE command to display the state of counters according to the combination of the CRYPCTRS system parameter and the START IEACTRS,CRYPTO command. The output is message IEE261I.
Use the DISPLAY IPLINFO,LOADXX,MACHMIG command to display the MACHMIG statement(s) from the LOADxx parmlib member. The output is message IEE580I.
The command syntax is:
The parameters are:
- Any system parameter that is allowed within IEASYSxx.
- Displays the current state of sysparm.
- Displays the MACHMIG statement(s) from the LOADxx parmlib member.
- L=a, name, or name-a
- Specifies the display area (a), console name (name), or
both (name-a) where the display is to appear.
If you omit this operand, the display is presented in the first available display area or the message area of the console through which you enter the command.
- IPL occurred on December 1, 2006 at 1:15 a.m.
- The release level is z/OS® 1.8.0.
- The license type is z/OS.
- Parmlib member LOAD08 in SYS0.IPLPARM, which resides on device ACB2, was used to IPL.
- The system treats MTL tape devices as MTL resident drives.
- The system used system symbols definitions in IEASYMX6, IEASYMU6, IEASYM0L, and IEASYMR8.
- The operator entered IEASYSST and IEASYSLN in reply to the system parameters prompt.
- The IODF device resides on ACB2.
- The IPL device is 3C2A and its volume serial is D83EL8.
- This is not a validated boot.
IEE254I 11.14.07 IPLINFO DISPLAY 350 SYSTEM IPLED AT 01.15.39 ON 12/01/2006 RELEASE z/OS 01.08.00 LICENSE = z/OS USED LOAD08 IN SYS0.IPLPARM ON ACB2 ARCHLVL = 2 MTLSHARE = N VALIDATED BOOT: NO IEASYM LIST = (X6,U6,0L,R8) IEASYS LIST = (ST,LN) (OP) IODF DEVICE ACB2 IPL DEVICE 3C2A VOLUME D83EL8
IEE255I SYSTEM PARAMETER 'ZAAPZIIP': YES
IEE256I ZAAPZIIP STATE: INACTIVE - ZAAP(S) DEFINED TO THIS LPAR
IEE255I SYSTEM PARAMETER 'OSPROTECT': 1