Setting up and managing SMF recording to logstreams
- Requirements for using SMF logging
- Planning your SMF logging configuration
- Define authorization to SMF logging resources
- Define SMF logging resources in the LOGR and CFRM policy couple data sets
- Managing log streams and SMF log stream data
- Sharing an SMFPRMxx parmlib member in an SMF logging environment
- Using SMF log streams
- Dumping SMF data from log streams
Tip: Wait—don’t delete those SYSx.MANx data sets!
If you intend to switch from SMF data sets to SMF logging, do not delete any of your SMF data sets. You should retain these as a fallback option. You can add SMF logging to your SMF data set configuration in an SMFPRMxx member and dynamically switch between recording to data sets and log streams. See Switching between SMF logging and SMF data set recording.