Abstract for z/OS for Security Server RACF Messages and Codes
This information supports z/OS® (5650-ZOS) and contains information about the Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®), which is part of z/OS Security Server.
Purpose of this information
This information includes the messages, abend codes, RACF manager return codes, and RACF utility return codes produced by the Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) component.
If you need explanations of return codes from RACF macros, see z/OS Security Server RACROUTE Macro Reference.
This information is intended for anyone who uses Security Server RACF and wants to know what caused a message to be displayed and what corrective action, if any, needs to be taken.
How to use this information
The messages and codes in this information are organized into sections so that the documentation can be separated for easy use according to the needs of the installation.
Messages are generally arranged in alphanumeric order by message identifier.
Most RACF messages have message identifiers. If you
receive a message without a message identifier, your system might be suppressing the display of
message numbers. Enter the following command and re-create the condition that caused the message to
PROFILE WTPMSG MSGID
If you have a message identifier, you might find the index helpful in finding the message itself.
- ICH Messages for the system operator lists and explains the system operator messages that RACF routes to a system console or a security console.
- ICH messages for RACF commands lists and explains messages prefixed by ICH that are issued by RACF commands.
- Miscellaneous RACF ICH messages lists and explains miscellaneous messages prefixed by ICH.
- IRR messages for RACF database initialization lists and explains messages prefixed by IRR that are issued during RACF database initialization.
- IRR messages for the system operator lists and explains messages prefixed by IRR that can go to the system operator.
- IRR messages for commands, utilities, and other tasks lists and explains messages prefixed by IRR that are issued by RACF commands, utilities, and other tasks.
- IRR messages for callable services lists and explains messages prefixed by IRR that are issued by the RACF callable services.
- IBM health checker for z/OS and sysplex messages lists and explains messages prefixed by IRRH that are issued by RACF to manage the RACF Health Checks.
- SAF user mapping plug-in related messages lists and explains messages prefixed by IRRPI that are issued from the SAF plug-in and returned to the calling application.
- IKJ messages briefly introduces the TSO messages, and provides a link to z/OS TSO/E Messages, where these messages are listed and explained in detail.
- RACF abend codes lists and explains the RACF-related abend codes that the system issues to indicate the abnormal completion of a task. Completion codes appear in hexadecimal.
- RACF return codes lists and explains the return codes from RACF manager and RACF utilities.
- An index is provided to help find messages.