Abstract for MVS IPCS User's Guide
Purpose of this information
This information describes how to use the interactive problem control system (IPCS). It explains how to start and use IPCS to analyze dumps and traces, and describes various functions and facilities that are available through IPCS.
Who should read this information
This information is for anyone who performs diagnosis of software on an MVS system. Usually, this person is a systems programmer.
- Understands basic MVS system concepts.
- Can code JCL statements to run programs or cataloged procedures.
- Can code in assembler language and read assembler, loader, and linkage editor output.
- Understands commonly-used diagnostic tasks.
- Users with little or no IPCS experience
Users in this group need to understand what IPCS does and learn how to begin using IPCS to diagnose problems. If you are new, or nearly new, to IPCS, you might want to concentrate on Getting started with IPCS.
- Experienced users
Experienced users already know the basics of starting and using IPCS. Users in this group need information on some of the more sophisticated aspects of IPCS, so that they can obtain maximum benefit from its use. If you are an experienced user, you might want to browse Getting started with IPCS and concentrate on Using IPCS functions.