Abstract for JES2 Diagnosis
This information supports z/OS® (5650-ZOS).
Purpose of this information
- Use external symptoms to identify problems in JES2.
- Use tools including JES2 traces, the JES2 DEBUG facility, and the interactive problem control system (IPCS) to collect problem data
- Use problem data to locate a JES2 problem or to report the problem to IBM
- Correct the problem, when appropriate
This information is specifically designed for installations running z/OS JES2.
Who should read this information
This information is intended for JES2 system programmers or for anyone responsible for locating and correcting problems in JES2.
- Assembler language
- Dynamic system dump procedures
- Generalized Trace Facility (GTF) tracing
- Interactive Problem Control System (IPCS) usage
- JES2 commands
- MVS™ commands
- Obtaining stand-alone dump procedures
- Programming techniques
- Setting SLIP traps
How to use this information
Problem analysis and correction requires a knowledge of JES2, MVS, and various diagnostic tools and techniques. z/OS Problem Management and z/OS MVS IPCS User's Guide contains detailed information about how to diagnose problems. This topic does not duplicate that information.
Use this topic to diagnose JES2 problems only.
These topics describe the problem data you need to collect and some of the tools used to collect and analyze problem data.
When analyzing problem data, see Identifying the problem for a table that describes common symptoms and points to additional information about the problem to help resolve the error, or collect enough information about the error for the IBM Support Center.