IRRXUTIL: REXX interface to R_admin extract
- The contents of RACF profiles. The stem variables are
designed to reference profile information in one of the following ways:
- Directly by field name, in the case where the field name is known by the caller.
- The set of segment and field names are returned so that a caller can see which fields exist without any previous knowledge of the RACF schema.
- System-wide settings (SETROPTS values).
- RACF remote sharing facility (RRSF) information.
- Class Descriptor Table (CDT) entries.
Except for the CDT function, IRRXUTIL calls the R-admin callable service (IRRSEQ00) to extract RACF information that is converted into a set of REXX stem variables. Users of IRRXUTIL should have some familiarity with R_admin extract functions. However, you need not understand the input and output parameters of the R_admin extract functions before coding to the IRRXUTIL interface.
IRRXUTIL is invoked by REXX in problem state.
Some aspects of the interface that are determined by R_admin are not documented in this topic. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Authorization requirements
- Segment and field names
For more information about authorization requirements, see z/OS Security Server RACF Callable Services and the 'Authorization required' section for the relevant RACF command, in z/OS Security Server RACF Command Language Reference.
Tip: Find helpful samples of IRRXUTIL programming on the RACF home page.