Abstract for Hardware Configuration Definition User's Guide
- Define new hardware configurations
- Modify existing hardware configurations
- View existing hardware configurations
- Activate configurations
- Query supported hardware
- Maintain IODFs
- Compare two IODFs
- Compare an IODF with an actual configuration
- Print reports of configurations
- Create graphical reports of a configuration
- Migrate existing configuration data
Unless otherwise noted, the term MVS as used in this document refers collectively to the older MVS operating system as well as to its successors OS/390 and z/OS, in which MVS is one of the basic components. For purposes of this document, MVS used alone and without reference to a specific release is to be understood as the generic operating system type supported by HCD.
- The person has a basic knowledge of z/OS, and hardware configuration.
- Configuration planning has been completed before HCD is used to enter definition data. For information on configuration planning, refer to z/OS HCD Planning.
For the person responsible for problem determination, this document also explains what to do if a problem arises with HCD.
This information is for system programmers and system operators.
Please see the z/OS Information Roadmap for an overview of the documentation associated with z/OS.