Introduction to SDSF
SDSF provides you with information to monitor, manage, and control your z/OS system. It can help you run your business and save you time and money.
SDSF provides a powerful and secure way to monitor and manage your z/OS sysplex, in both JES2 and JES3 environments. Data is presented in tabular format on more than fifty different panels. The panels are customizable by the system programmer and the user.
- Jobs and output
- Devices, such as network connections and servers, printers, readers, lines, and spool offloaders
- Checks from IBM Health Checker for z/OS
- System resources, such as WLM scheduling environments, the members of your MAS, and JES job classes
- System information about systems in the sysplex such as CPU busy, storage utilization, and IPL information; system storage utilization for all address spaces in the sysplex; and system static and dynamic symbols for each system in the sysplex.
- System log and action messages
- Cancel, hold or release jobs
- Find out if jobs are waiting to be processed
- Filter the jobs to show just the jobs that interest you
- View output before it is printed
- Change a job's priority, class, or destination
- Edit and resubmit the JCL without leaving SDSF
SDSF security controls the panels you see and the functions you can use. SDSF can be tailored either through SAF or through its own parameters (ISFPARMS) so that various panels and functions within those panels are available only to select users or groups.