Removing information from the screen
Use the CONTROL E command to remove various types of messages from the screen or to cause message numbers to be deleted.
The parameters are:
- Messages are to be removed from the screen.
- The system is to remove a single (nn) message or a
range (nn,nn) of deletable messages from the screen. The
value of nn must be a decimal number from 01 to 99.
The K E,nn command cannot delete messages after line 99 on very large
screen sizes. A deletable message is any message that is either
a WTOR or a WTO message issued without descriptor code 1, 2, 3, or
11. Note: Do not use this command to try to remove a range of non-deletable messages; you can remove only one non-deletable message at a time.
- Deletable messages in the predefined message segment are to be removed from the screen. A deletable message is any message that is either a WTOR or a WTO message issued with descriptor code 1,2,3, or 11.
- All flagged messages (messages marked with a vertical or horizontal bar in position 3) are to be removed from the screen.
- Removes the numbers preceding the messages displayed on the screen. The messages on the screen were consecutively numbered by the K D command.
- Specifies that a status display is to be deleted.
- L=a, name, or name-a
- For the D operand, specifies where the specified action is to take place. You can specify the display area by area (a), console name (name), or both (name-a). When this keyword is not specified, the oldest area on the screen is deleted.
- Specifies that the numbers are to be erased from the program function key (PFK) display line. This operand applies only to display consoles that have the PFK function and support the PFK display line (for example, 3277–2); the system issues message IEE158I for all other consoles.
To delete the message at line 10, which appears on the screen as follows:
10 IEE334I HALT EOD SUCCESSFUL
To delete the non-action messages from a segment of messages, enter:
K E,SEG or K E
To delete the non-action messages on lines 4-10, enter:
To delete all flagged messages (messages marked with a vertical or horizontal bar in position 3), enter:
Note: The CONTROL E command has no effect on extended MCS consoles or on system consoles and is not valid for managing these consoles.