Controlling displays in areas
Use the CONTROL D command to control displays, message numbering, and the PFK display line.
The parameters are:
- Control what or how information is to be displayed on the screen.
This command is only valid for MCS, HMCS and SMCS
- Messages on the screen are to be consecutively numbered. The operator
uses these numbers as references to delete messages from the screen
using the K E,nn command. (For very large screen
sizes the K D,N command will only number the first 99 rows on the
screen. All subsequent lines will contain AA in the number field.)
The numbers are removed from the screen when the operator deletes
a message or performs a cancel action. (The K
E,nn command cannot delete messages after line 99 on the screen.)
This option is not valid when:
- The console is in wrap mode; the system issues message IEE290I.
- The console is in roll or roll-deletable mode; the system issues message IEE158I.
- In conjunction with the N operand, HOLD specifies that the system display consecutive numbers for each message on the screen and renumber messages after each message deletion that the operator performs.
- The next frame of a status display is to be displayed. When you
do not specify an area, the oldest area on the screen is scrolled.
This option is not valid when there is no status display on the console;
the system issues message IEE158I.
- L=a or name-a
- Specifies the display area (a), console name (name), or both (name-a) where the display will appear.
- Specifies that the numbers of the program function keys (PFKs) designated for command entry are to be displayed in the PFK display line. This operand applies only to display consoles that have the PFK function and support the PFK display line (for example, 3277–2).
To display the next frame of a status display, enter:
Note: The CONTROL D command has no effect on extended MCS consoles or on system consoles and is not valid for managing these consoles.