Requirements for Tailored Fit Pricing for IBM Z
Requirements for Tailored Fit Pricing
This topic outlines the technical requirements that must be met to implement a Tailored Fit Pricing solution. Some requirements are described in more detail in other topics. For additional offering requirements, see the Tailored Fit Pricing announcement letter.
The requirements for Tailored Fit Pricing vary with the solution. The specific requirements for a solution must be met before IBM can accept and process sub-capacity reports in which Tailored Fit Pricing solutions are reported. These requirements are in addition to any requirements that are described in a Tailored Fit Pricing solution announcement letter.
- z/OS® V2.2, or later, with the PTFs applied for the following APARs:
- OA52312 (WLM)
- OA52694 (RMF™)
- OA53033 (SMF)
- PI82528 (SDSF)
These and any other related PTFs are associated with the IBM.Function.Pricing.Infrastructure fix category.
- Hardware requirements vary based on the offering. The Hardware Consumption Solution is available for customers with z15, z/OS general purpose processors, and a Software Consumption Solution. There can be no dedicated CPs on any LPARs, and WAIT COMPLETION = NO must be specified.
- Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool (SCRT) V28.1, or later.
SCRT is run for each sub-capacity reporting period and the resulting sub-capacity report is submitted to IBM on a monthly basis. The Hardware Consumption Solution requires that at least one native (not running under z/VM) z/OS system be active at all times during the report period with an RMF (or equivalent) interval of 1, 3, 5, or 15 minutes.
- When a unique solution ID is used to identify the Tailored Fit Pricing solution, you obtain the
solution ID through the License Management Support (LMS) website once the solution has been approved.
A solution name is also used to identify the Tailored Fit Pricing solution.
- For solutions deployed on an existing sub-capacity LPAR (collocated solutions), you must associate the solution with the tenant resource groups that define the qualified solution. Only work units (that is, address spaces and enclaves) that are associated with the qualified solution are to be classified as part of the tenant resource group.
- For solutions deployed on separate LPARs, you must do one of the following:
- Use the CONTAINER command to specify only those LPARs that are part of the solution. The CONTAINER command associates the LPARs with the solution ID.
- Specify the SOLUT system parameter to associate the z/OS system being IPLed as part of the solution with the solution ID. SOLUT is available with the appropriate level of z/OS service.
- The solution name that you use for a given container must be the one that is associated with the unique solution ID in LMS.
- You can update the solution name in LMS. However, at the time that you submit your report, the solution name must match the name as defined in LMS for the container (with the associated solution ID).
Requirements for using IBM Cloud Provisioning for Tailored Fit Pricing
To use Cloud Provisioning and Management for z/OS for Tailored Fit Pricing, you must z/OS® V2.3 or later, with the PTFs applied for APAR PI88944.
Requirements for using z/OSMF for Tailored Fit Pricing
- To get z/OSMF WLM support for Tailored Fit Pricing definitions, you must have z/OS V2.2 or later, with the PTFs applied for APAR P189361.
- To get z/OSMF RMF support for Tailored Fit Pricing, you must have z/OS V2.2 or later, with the PTFs applied for APAR P189935.