Cryptographic Services ICSF: System Programmer's Guide
Purpose of this information
This information describes how to initialize, customize, operate, and diagnose the z/OS Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility (ICSF).
Who should read this information
- Programming installation options, installation-defined callable services, and installation exits.
- Creating the data sets that ICSF uses.
- Migrating the system from the Cryptographic Unit Support Program (CUSP) and Programmed Cryptographic Facility (PCF) to ICSF.
- Migrating to z/OS ICSF.
- Migrating from the IBM Network Security Processor Support Program (hereafter called 4753-HSP) to ICSF.
- Starting and stopping ICSF.
- Checking event recording.
- Planning for security and performance considerations.
- Debugging and recovering from problems.
Defining and writing installation-defined callable services and installation exit routines is intended to be accomplished primarily by experienced system programmers. This information assumes that the reader has an advanced knowledge of z/OS.