Re-importing changed services
If a service is modified after an API is created, when it is re-imported into the project, the impact of the changes is analyzed. The impact is reported, and mapping problems are recorded in the Problems view.
You can re-import one or more services in one of two ways:
About this task
- Click Service next to a method.
- Right-click the API project in the Project Explorer and click .
Important: All APIs in the project that are associated with the re-imported services are impacted.
In the impact analysis dialog that is displayed, examine the impact. If the impact on the existing mappings is as expected, click OK to re-import the services.
The impacts are reported in the following categories:
- An error is a result of one of the following conditions:
- An existing mapping is broken. A broken mapping occurs when a field that was involved in an explicit Move or Assign transform is removed or renamed in the changed service. The broken mapping is highlighted in the mapping editor when you open the request or response mapping.
An existing rule for a response is broken. A broken rule occurs when a service field is removed or renamed in the changed service. The broken rule is shown in the problem view after impact analysis.
- A warning is a result of one of the following conditions:
- A field that was not explicitly involved in any Move or Assign transform but was implicitly passed through the request or response body is no longer available in the changed service.
- The data type of a field is changed.
- A new field is added.
Mapping and rules related issues are recorded in the Eclipse built-in Problems view to assist problem resolution.