Creating an API project
Create an API project by opening the z/OS Connect API Project wizard when you are in the z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition perspective.
Before you begin
- Create the service archive (.sar) file for your service in the supported tool for each of the z/OS® Connect service providers.
- Switch to the z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition perspective.
- From the main menu, select . The Select Perspective wizard opens.
- Select z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition.
Create a z/OS Connect API by first creating an API project in the z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition perspective.
- From the main menu bar, click .
- In the z/OS Connect API Project wizard,
enter the project properties, and click Finish to
create the project.
Project property Description Project name Unique name for your project. The project name is used as the folder name for all resources in this project. The project name can contain any of the following characters:
a-z, period (
.), underscore (
_), and hyphen (
API name The name of your API. If the API name matches an existing service name, the API takes precedence over the service when the request is connected through IBM® API Connect.Note: The default API name is the project name, with all spaces replaced by hyphens. Base path The unique basePath attribute that specifies the root of all the resources in this API.
- If the same
basePathis specified in different API archive files, the first is installed successfully and all others fail.
- If the API base path overlaps with the
invokeURIof a service, the API is invoked rather than the service.
Description Description for your API.The API project is created in the Project Explorer view. The API package.xml file opens in the API editor where you can model your API.
- If the same
Model your API.