Starting the z/OS Connect Designer in Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces
Use Red Hat CodeReady Workspace to start the z/OS Connect Designer.
Make sure that all prerequisite tasks are complete:
Before you begin
- Forking the z/OS Connect Designer CICS sample project.
- Configuring IPIC connections to CICS with Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces and Basic Authentication.
- Creating the CICS tutorial workspace in Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces.
Note: When you start the z/OS Connect Designer for the tutorial, port 9443 is used for an HTTPS connection. If you want to try the exercises with an HTTP connection, use port 9080.
About this task
This topic is applicable to:Learn how to start the z/OS Connect Designer with Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces.
- Start z/OS Connect Designer by using Red Hat CodeReady Workspace. When you open your new Red Hat CodeReady Workspace, you are presented with a Welcome To Your Workspace screen for you to start to explore the z/OS Connect CICS sample API project.The explorer is in the main window of the browser for you to explore the project. Using the icons on the right of the browser, you can
- View the project outline.
- View the endpoints.
- View My Workspace.
- Click the plug icon to view the endpoints as shown in the
figure. The endpoints available to your workspace are now visible.
- You have two choices to start z/OS Connect Designer.
- Click the eye icon to start z/OS Connect Designer in preview mode.
- Click the Open in new window icon to start z/OS Connect Designer in a new browser window.
Attention: The z/OS Connect Designer UI might not appear immediately. Allow 10 - 15 seconds, then refresh your web browser.
- Explore the z/OS Connect Designer
interface. You can see the paths and operations that are defined in the
CatalogManager.yaml. Warning indicators in the left navigation window show where your input is needed. Paths are endpoints (resources) that your API exposes, such as
/ordersand operations are the HTTP methods that are used to manipulate these paths, such as GET, POST, or DELETE. The next sections provide more information about resolving these warnings.
You successfully started z/OS Connect Designer with Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces and imported an OpenAPI definition.
Continue developing your API project by defining the operations for the CICS CatalogManager sample.