Setting up the product extensions directory
The final step in the installation of the z/OS® Connect native server, is to run the zconsetup script to create the product extensions directory.
Before you begin
- The /var/zosconnect directory to create the /var/zosconnect/v3r0/extensions directory.
- The <installation_path>/wlp/etc directory to create the symlink to the /var/zosconnect/v3r0/extensions directory.
About this task
A product extension is a structured directory on disk that stores Liberty features. Each product extension must be configured by a properties file and stored under the product extensions directory so that the extension can be detected by the server. For IBM® z/OS Connect, the product extensions directory is /var/zosconnect/extensions. For more information, see Liberty product extension in the WebSphere® Application Server Liberty base documentation.
The zconsetup utility must be used once per LPAR because /var is not a shared file system. You cannot configure the specific path for the IBM z/OS Connect product extensions. However, you can share your z/OS Connect native server configuration across LPARs by mounting a shared zFS as /var/zosconnect on each LPAR.
- Go to the <installation_path>/bin directory.
- Enter the following command to run the zconsetup script:
- Optional: You can now make the file system onto which you installed z/OS Connect native server (<installation_path>) read-only. Make the file system read/write again only when applying maintenance.
- Creates the release-specific product extensions directory in the
/var/zosconnect directory, for
- Creates a symbolic link of the extensions directory in the product z/OS
UNIX installation path. For example:
- Install the IBM z/OS Connect product extension properties file in the product extensions directory.
|/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0/wlp/etc/extensions||Symlink to /var/zosconnect/v3r0/extensions|
|/var/zosconnect/v3r0/extensions||Product extension properties files that contain the absolute path to the service providers.|