Map the API Request to the z/OS Asset
How to map the API request to the z/OS Asset.
Before you begin
About this task
This topic is applicable to:In the previous procedure, you created the
catalogProgramz/OS Asset. In this task, you map parameters in the API request to fields in the z/OS Asset Request.
- Open the
GET /itemsOperation flow diagram.Expand the /items path in the navigation tree and click GET. The
GET /itemsoperation is displayed .
- Click the API Request node in the Operation flow diagram. The API request structure displays the parameters and the body of the request that are expanded by default.
Within Parameters, there is a single parameter that is called startItemId as defined in the OpenAPI definition. Click to expand and see more details about this parameter.
- Click the
catalogProgramz/OS Asset node in the Operation flow diagram. The z/OS Asset configuration window opens.
This is the value that is required by the CICS Catalog Manager application to perform an inquiry on multiple catalog items.
- Map the API Request parameter
startItemIDinto the CA-LIST-START-REF z/OS Asset Request field.
Type startItemID in the CA-LIST-START-REF field. When you start typing, the Available Mappings menu opens with the available parameters. Select
startItemIDfrom the list.You do not have to type the parameter names. To the right of each text box are two icons:
- Click to select a Path parameter from the list. When the list opens, be sure that you look in the correct group.
- Click to insert a function. Functions are not used in this tutorial. For more information, see Mapping your API and z/OS Assets.
- Optional: Review other information about this request within the
- Click View structure to see the request schema.
- Click Response to view the response schema.
- Click z/OS Asset details to view the z/OS Asset configuration details.