Setting or resetting a user's MFA password
You can set or reset the user's MFA password. The MFA password is a special password that allows the user to log in to the IBM® MFA server for IBM MFA-specific actions. This password is unique to the IBM MFA server.
To set or reset the MFA password, complete the following steps:
About this task
- In the IBM MFA GUI, click the User Provisioning tab.
- Enter a search string in the Search by MFA ID or Name field to find the required user.
Select the required user.
The user-specific information page is displayed. From this page you can:
- View the current user information.
- Set or reset an IBM MFA password.
- Add or delete a policy.
- Add or delete an authentication method.
- Set the authentication method to be active or inactive.
- Click Set password to set an initial MFA password.
- Click Reset password to reset the MFA password.
- If you make a change, confirm your selection and click Confirm.