Logging in without valid PIN
You can log in to a CICS® CESL transaction without a currently valid PIN. This use case requires a soft token.
Perform the following steps:
- Begin to log in to a CICS CESL transaction with your user name.
- Generate a token code on the SecurID token without entering a PIN. Use the copy feature to copy the token code.
Enter the 6- to 8-digit token code displayed by the SecurID token in the Password field. Leave
the New Password field empty. Press Enter.
The message "DFHCE3525 Your password has expired. Please type your new password." is displayed.
Enter a new PIN in the New Password field and press Enter. Confirm the new PIN.
The message "DFHCE3532 Your userid or password is invalid. Please retype both." is displayed.
- Because you changed the PIN, you must log in again. Wait for the token displayed by the SecurID token to change. Enter your PIN and generate a new passcode. Use the copy feature to copy the passcode.
- Paste the passcode displayed by the SecurID token in the Password field.
- Leave the New Password field empty.
- Press Enter.