Logging in without valid PIN or passphrase
You can log in to TSO/E without a currently valid PIN and without using pass phrases. This use case requires a hardware token with a PINpad.
Perform the following steps:
- Begin to log in to TSO/E with your user name.
- Generate a token code on the SecurID token without entering a PIN.
- Get the 6- to 8-digit token code displayed by the SecurID token.
Enter the 6- to 8-digit token code displayed by the SecurID token in the Password field. Leave
the New Password field empty. Press Enter.
If the token code is accepted, a status message indicates that you must enter a new 4- to 8-digit PIN.Note: Do not enter the new PIN on the status message page.
The LOGON panel is displayed and you are prompted to enter a new password.
- Enter a new PIN in the New Password field and press Enter. (If you are prompted with a system-generated PIN, use that PIN. You might also be prompted to use either the system-generated PIN or your own.)
Confirm the new PIN.
The "new PIN accepted" message is displayed.
- Press Enter to return to the LOGON panel.
- Because you changed the PIN, you must log in again. Wait for the token displayed by the SecurID token to change. Enter your PIN and generate a new passcode.
- Enter the passcode displayed by the SecurID token in the Password field.
- Leave the New Password field empty.
- Press Enter.