Logging in with IBM Security Verify Access
If your administrator configures your account for IBM® Security Verify Access, you use the generated OTP as your password to log in to applications.
As part of the login flow, your administrator will provide you with the following:
About this task
- The URL of the IBM Security Verify Access server login page.
- Your user name on the IBM Security Verify Access server.
- The name of the application to use on the Generate application one-time password page.
Important: As part of the login flow, you need to register and use a device such as a smart phone, tablet, and so forth, that is running the IBM Verify application. This device must have network connectivity to the IBM Security Verify Access server.
Navigate to the web page provided by your administrator and log in with your IBM Security Verify
Access user name.
The API Multi-factor authentication page is displayed.
Click on Manage / Register IBM Verify and FIDO U2F. This step is needed
only on your first access.
- Under Authenticators::Register new authenticator, select AuthenticatorClient in the drop-down menu.
- Click register new authenticator.
- Launch IBM Verify on the device and point the camera at the displayed QR code.
- IBM Verify connects with API Multi-factor authentication and creates a new account.
- Click Home on the web page to return to the API Multi-factor authentication page.
Click Obtain application OTP. The Mobile Multi Factor Device Selection
page is displayed.
- Click the radio button corresponding to the device you registered.
- Click Submit. This device will receive a notification.
- The Mobile Multi Factor Pending Authentication page is displayed.
- Accept the Please log me in: user name notification on your device. Click the check mark and verify with your fingerprint if you configured Touch ID.
- If the Mobile Multi Factor Pending Authentication page does not disappear, click Verify.
On the Generate application one-time password page:
- Select the application the administrator instructs you to use from the Application drop-down menu.
Click Generate OTP. The OTP is displayed:
Application One-time Password Username username Application app-name One-time password OTP Expires In (hh:mm:ss)
- Copy the OTP to the clipboard.
- Log in to the z/OS® application with your z/OS user ID. You do not use the IBM Security Verify Access user name for this step.
- Paste the OTP from the clipboard as your password.