CICS CESL transaction
How you log in to a CICS® CESL transaction with IBM® MFA enabled depends on the token type you are using and whether you have a valid PIN.
IBM MFA SecurID
If the security administrator has enabled your account for IBM MFA, you no longer use your z/OS® password to log in. Instead, how you log in with CICS depends on the following SecurID token and CICS configuration choices made by your security administrator.
- What type of token do you have? See Types of token devices for the supported token types.
- Whether you have a currently valid PIN or whether you must create a new one. Your security administrator decides when you must change your PIN.
General guidelinesObserve the following guidelines:
- It is a best practice to wait until the token code changes before attempting to log in.
- You can use the token code only once.
- If you receive an authentication failure, wait until the token code changes before attempting to log in again.