Creating z/OS images
After you create components from IBM Z® mainframe system or existing z/OS instances, you can create z/OS® images by combining the created components into a single package.
To create images, complete the following steps:
- Select an IBM Z mainframe or an existing z/OS instance that you want to connect from the drop-down menu in the SOURCE ENVIRONMENT pane.
- Click Create images on the home page. Or, click the Images tab on the header, and click Create image.
- Enter a unique name that can be used to recognize the z/OS image.
- Optional: Enable the Adjust advanced settings option,
and enter an integer in the box of Cryptographic coprocessor and
Domain. Note: If you want to run a emulator that is configured to require a cryptographic coprocessor, enable this function. You need to ensure that the number of cryptographic coprocessors and domain that is defined in the image matches the configuration of your z/OS system. For more information, see the chapter 17 of zPDT® Guide and Reference.
- Optional: Enter some notes that can help you identify the image.
- Select the components and versions that you want to include in the image. If the data sets
included in the selected components are related to user catalogs that are not part of the image, a
warning message is displayed. Update components to ensure that the necessary user catalogs are
extracted and included.Note: An image must contain at least one and only one component that contains your system residence volumes and any number of other components that might represent your application, application data, or any number of subsystems such as CICS® or IMS.
- Click Show number items selected to verify the components that are selected to create your image. Then, click Create image.