For the software-based license server
Learn about the steps to obtain an update file for the software-based license server.
- Log in to the machine where you installed the software-based license server.
- Go to /opt/IBM/LDK, and run the following command from root user ID. This
step is to create a file that is known as the request file in the root home
- Log in to the Rational® License Key Center (LKC), and select your account. If you do not have access to LKC, click Don't have a password, and fill the form with the information in your purchase order.
- On the left side of the screen, click Get Keys.
- Select the product line for IBM Z Development and Test Environment
- Select the license type that you want to apply to the key. If you purchased different license types, enter IBM Z DEVELOPMENT AND TEST ENVIRONMENT Enterprise Edition Resource Value Unit. Then, one or more boxes are displayed to show your orders.
- Check the boxes next to the orders from which you would like to use licenses, and click Next.
- A screen is displayed to show a table that you must complete. Provide the request file that you generated at step 2, and enter a number in the Emulated Central Processor field. For more help, click the column headings in the table.
- Click Generate at the bottom of the page. Then, a screen is displayed to download the update files.
- Click Download for each update file that is generated to save the update file. Keep this file in the Linux® machine where you have installed the software-based license server. If you need to download the update files in the future, use the View Keys by Host link on the left side of the IBM License Key Center web page.
Note: Use the binary transfer mode, but not a text mode such as ASCII. Also, spaces are not allowed in the path on the Linux machine.