Updating Personal Edition to the latest version
Learn about the steps to update Personal Edition to the latest version interactively or silently.
Before you update ZD&T Personal Edition,
make sure that the
awsstop command was issued from a non-root user ID.
- Open the directory that contains the installer ZDT_Install_PE_V14.0.0.tgz.
- Change the authority.
chmod 755 ZDT_Install_PE_V14.0.0.tgz
- Decompress the installer.
tar -xzvf ZDT_Install_PE_V14.0.0.tgz
- Optional: Read the README.txt file for the complete installation steps.
- Run the installer.
- Type 2 to update.
- Press ENTER, and read the license agreements carefully. At the end of the license, enter yes to accept or no to decline the terms.
- Optional: enter y to install automatic network configuration. Or, enter
n to decline the installation.
By entering y, your z/OS® starts using the IP of your Linux® machine. This option is useful if you want to share your Linux IP address with your z/OS. Without providing a dedicated and static IP address to z/OS, you can interact with your z/OS and applications directly. Before you enter y, you need to consider that the network configuration changes your Linux and networking functions, allows the Linux firewall to reroute TCP/IP packets to z/OS, and updates the TCP/IP specifications in the z/OS disks.
To learn more about the network configuration, see Configuring the network.Important: Remember to download the volumes of ADCD May 2020 edition from passport advantage, and decompress the *.gz volume on the same machine where you install ZD&T V13.0.0.
- After the update completes, run the following command to verify whether the update is
successful.For the RHEL operating system, run the command.
rpm -qa | grep z1091For the UBUNTU operating system, run the command.
dpkg -l | grep z1091If the package is updated successfully, the following output is displayed.
- To update Personal Edition without automated network configuration, run the following
- To update Personal Edition with automated network configuration, run the following
./ZDT_Install_PE_V14.0.0.x86_64 --update –-net