Adding a Linux source environment that is running a ZD&T instance
You can create volume components quickly from an existing z/OS instance that runs on a host Linux® system by adding this system as a source environment on the web server.
To add a Linux source environment, complete the following steps:
- Click Source environments on the home page, or click the upper-right settings button to navigate to Source environments.
- Click Add source environment.
- Select the Linux running a ZD&T emulator source environment type.
- Specify a unique source environment name that can be identified when you create volume components.
- Enter the specified hostname and SSH port of the host Linux system. Then, enter the location of the ZD&T emulator devmap on the source environment.
- If you want to define the directory where the compressed files will be stored before they are transmitted to the storage server, enable the Compression option. Then, enter a working directory that can temporarily store the compressed files. For example, /home/ibmsys1/zdt.
- Enter the specified hostname and SSH port of the z/OS® instance on Linux.
- Click Connect ZD&T environment.
- Enter the credentials to the Linux environment that you are connecting to, and click Submit.