Installing Software-based License Server
To install the Software-based License Server, run the installer from root user ID.
- Open the directory that contains the installer ZDT_Install_EE_V13.0.1.tgz.
- Change the authority.
chmod 755 ZDT_Install_EE_V13.0.1.tgz
- Decompress the installer.
tar -xzvf ZDT_Install_EE_V13.0.1.tgz
- Optional: Read the README.txt file for the complete installation steps.
- Run the installer.
- Select 2 for Software-based License Server.
- Select 1 to install.
- Press ENTER, and read the license agreements carefully. At the end of the license, enter yes to accept or no to decline the terms.
- Read the warning message, and accept or decline by entering y or n.
- Optional: Enter y to install all needed dependencies or enter
n to decline.
By entering y, all required dependencies will be installed. The list of dependencies is mentioned in the Prerequisites. You need to have access to internet and software repository to install the dependencies. Otherwise, installation will complete without dependencies, and you need to install the dependencies manually.
- After the installation completes, run the following commands to verify whether the installation
Important: The installer creates the ibmsys1 as the non-root user ID to make ZD&T work, you need to switch to ibmsys1 and change the password. If you like to create the non-root user ID, use the following commands for reference. Make sure that the non-root user ID is a part of group zpdt.To create the user ID, use the following command.
- RHEL operating system
rpm -qa | grep zpdtldk rpm -qa | grep zpdtuim
- UBUNTU operating system
dpkg -l | grep zpdtldk dpkg -l | grep zpdtuimIf the package is installed successfully, the following output is displayed.
useradd -d /home/ibmsys2 -g zpdt -m ibmsys2To delete the user ID, use the following command.
userdel -r ibmsys2
- RHEL operating system
- Configure the iptables port for the License Server by opening both UDP and TCP port 1947 that are listed in the Table 3. For more information about how to set up port 1947, see Firewalls.
- To install the Software-based License Server on the virtual
machine, run the following
./ZDT_Install_EE_V13.0.1.x86_64 --install --zdtswlicense --ackVM
- To install the dependencies, run the following
./ZDT_Install_EE_V13.0.1.x86_64 --install --zdtswlicense --ackVM --dep