V6.1 fix pack 10 (April 2021)
Support for z/OS data to be surfaced on Instana
New in this fix pack, Z APM Connect provides the transaction tracking functionality for Instana (now an IBM Company) to monitor hybrid-cloud applications from mobile-to mainframe. This support includes both Instana SaaS servers as well as self-hosted servers. The following transaction tracking flows are supported:
- CICS-related translation flows:
- Transactions entering CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS® through HTTP distributed entry point and z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition.
- Transactions flowing into Db2®, IBM® MQ, IMS DB, outbound webservices, and VSAM I/O timing from CICS Transaction Server for z/OS.
- Downstream transactions that are started over DTP and DPL can be tracked (Additional configuration is needed for DTP downstream transactions. For more information about the configuration, see ../instana/configuration/cics/zapm_cics_dtp.html ).
- IMS-related transaction flows:
- Transactions entering IMS Connect through z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition.
- Transactions flowing into IMS through IMS Connect.
- Transactions flowing into IMS DB from IMS.
- IMS PLEX (IMS to IMS) transactions.
- IMS FastPath (FP) transactions.
- IMS FastPath DEDB and MSDB Databases.
- IMS Full Function to FP DEDB and MSDB Databases.