Summary of changes
The following changes were added for IBM® z/OS® Debugger Version 14.2.1.
- Compiler support
- In Debug Tool compatibility mode, support is added for debugging COBOL programs that contain fixed-length UTF-8 data items and compiled with Enterprise COBOL for z/OS Version 6 Release 3. UTF-8 data items are not supported in standard mode.
- Debug Manager
- Debug Manager and Remote Systems Explorer can use different chain certificates. If the different certificates are of the same CA root, the Debug Manager certificate is regarded as trusted and automatically accepted. Otherwise, the certificate is not regarded as trusted. In Debug Tool compatibility mode, a window appears to ask you to import the certificate for Debug Manager. For more information, see Using encrypted communication with Debug Manager.
- Terminal Interface Manager
- Terminal Interface Manager now supports MFA-generated tokens and password phrases.
The following changes were added for IBM z/OS Debugger Version 14.2.0.
- New support
- z/OS Version 2 Release 4
- Enterprise COBOL for z/OS Version 6 Release 3
- Enterprise PL/I for z/OS Version 5 Release 3
- Product renaming
- IBM Application Delivery Foundation for z Systems® is renamed as Application Delivery Foundation for z/OS.
- IBM Developer for z Systems Enterprise Edition is renamed as IBM Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition.
- IBM Developer for z Systems is renamed as IBM Developer for z/OS.
- IBM Debug for Systems is renamed as IBM Debug for z/OS.
- IBM Debug for z/OS client
- In addition to using IBM Installation Manager, you can now install the IBM Debug for z/OS client with Eclipse p2. For more information, see Installing the IBM Debug for z/OS client.
- Debug Profile Service
- Debug Profile Service is a REST API that uses the HTTP protocol to provide RESTful access to a
set of resources related to debug profiles. You can use this service to create, retrieve, update and
delete debug profiles.
For more information about host configuration, see Adding support for Debug Profile Service and APIs.
For more details about the API, see z/OS Debug Profile Service API.
- Debug Profile Service is a REST API that uses the HTTP protocol to provide RESTful access to a set of resources related to debug profiles. You can use this service to create, retrieve, update and delete debug profiles.
- Section breakpoint support
- When you edit COBOL with the COBOL Editor or the z Systems LPEX Editor, a Toggle Section Breakpoint action is available in the left ruler context menu of the editor and the context menu for sections in the outline view. For more information, see Source entry breakpoints.
- IMS Transaction Isolation facility
- IMS Transaction Isolation facility no longer accesses IMS ACB libraries. It has a simplified setup and is compatible with ACB management by IMS Catalog. The setting of IMSISOORIGPSB in EQAOPTS no longer has any effect and the original PSB is always preserved. For more information, see Scenario F: Enabling the Transaction Isolation Facility.
- Instructions for using the IMS PSTOP command are added to end the wait state of the IMS region when PWFI is used, so that you can continue with the program. For more information, see Using IMS pseudo wait-for-input (PWFI).