Overview of the Z Data Analytics Platform deployment
The Z Data Analytics Platform in IBM Z® Operational Log and Data Analytics provides the ability to visualize and search through large quantities of Z operational data on a single pane of glass. The dashboards and saved searches provide ready-to-use insights into the operational data and help with early problem detection and problem diagnosis.
Flow of source data on the Z Data Analytics Platform
- In each z/OS® logical partition (LPAR), the Z Common Data Provider retrieves operational data from the configured sources and sends it to the Apache Kafka broker.
- The source data is parsed and indexed into the NoSQL data store.
- You can see predefined searches and visualizations of the data in the dashboards and search GUI.
Insights are provided for data from the following source types:
- z/OS system log (z/OS SYSLOG)
- CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS EYULOG or MSGUSR log data
- Network data, such as data from UNIX System Services system log (syslogd) or z/OS Communications Server
- NetView® for z/OS message data
- SMF data
- WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS logs that include SYSOUT or SYSPRINT log data
- The system searches the problem insights for known problems and presents them in the Problem Insights GUI.