Running the System Data Engine to write data in Db2 UNLOAD format
The Z Common Data Provider System Data Engine converts System Management Facilities (SMF) data into data sets that contain the IBM Z® Performance and Capacity Analytics analytics component tables in Db2® UNLOAD format. The IBM® Db2 Analytics Accelerator Loader for z/OS® is then used to load the data sets directly into IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS.
To run the System Data Engine to write data in Db2 UNLOAD format, complete the following steps:
Copy and customize the Z Common Data Provider
lookup definition members in Table 1 to
reflect the contents of the corresponding IBM Z Performance and Capacity Analytics lookup tables.
For example, insert the same rows that are currently in the
DB2_APPLICATIONtable into the
A_DB2_APPLICATIONtable.These lookup tables are used by the System Data Engine when generating the Db2 UNLOAD format for each table. The System Data Engine lookup tables that are defined in these members have the same names as the IBM Z Performance and Capacity Analytics analytics component lookup tables.
Table 1. Z Common Data Provider lookup table members
Analytics component lookup table Base component lookup table HBOTA2AP A_DB2_APPLICATION DB2_APPLICATION HBOTA2AC A_DB2_ACCUMAC DB2_ACCUMAC HBOTALUG A_USER_GROUP USER_GROUP HBOTALKP A_KPM_THRESHOLDS_L KPM_THRESHOLDS HBOTALWL A_WORKLOAD2_L MVS_WORKLOAD2_TYPE HBOTALMI A_MIPS_L MVS_MIPS_T HBOTALSP A_SYSPLEX_L MVS_SYSPLEX HBOTALWL A_WORKLOAD_L MVS_WORKLOAD_TYPE HBOTALW2 A_WORKLOAD2_L MVS_WORKLOAD2_TYPE HBOTALDA A_DEVICE_ADDR_L MVSPM_DEVICE_ADDR HBOTALUT A_UNIT_TYPE_L MVSPM_UNIT_TYPE HBOTALTR A_TIME_RES_L MVSPM_TIME_RES
Run the System Data Engine to generate Db2 UNLOAD format
for the tables that are created for the IBM Db2 Analytics Accelerator by the IBM Z Performance and Capacity Analytics analytics components.
HBOvrm.SHBOSAMPmembers that are listed in Table 2 include sample JCL jobs for generating Db2 UNLOAD format for each of the analytics component tables.
Table 2. Sample jobs for generating Db2 UNLOAD format
Analytics component HBOAPMUN Analytics - z/OS Performance HBOA2DUN Analytics – Db2 HBOAKCUN Analytics - KPM CICS® HBOAKDUN Analytics - KPM Db2 HBOAKZUN Analytics - KPM Z/OSEach sample includes two steps. The first step deletes output files that are created by a prior run, and the second step allocates output files and generates Db2 UNLOAD format from a data set that contains SMF records. The second COLLECT step uses the following DD names:
- HBOIN provides control statement input to the System Data Engine. It references the following
- HBOLLSMF contains control statements defining the SMF log as input.
- HBORS* members contain control statements for extracting data from SMF records.
- HBOT* members contain control statements to define the lookup tables that are used by the System Data Engine.
- HBOUA* members contain control statements to store the SMF data in Db2 UNLOAD format.
- The in-stream COLLECT statement initiates System Data Engine processing.
- HBOLOG provides the input to the System Data Engine, which must be a data set that contains SMF records.
- Various UA* DD names refer to the output files to be written in Db2 UNLOAD format. The convention is that the DD name of the file matches the name of the
HBOvrm.SHBODEFSmember, without the HBO prefix. Each file that is produced by a definition member is in a sequence (such as 1, 2, 3, or 4). For example, DD name UA2D11 refers to table A_DB2_SYS_PARM_I in Db2 UNLOAD format, which is the first file that is output by definition member HBOUA2D1.
- HBOIN provides control statement input to the System Data Engine. It references the following members of