This reference lists the configuration values that you can update in the
Configure Log Forwarder data stream window for the RMF III
Report data streams. RMF III Report is a group of data streams.
Each data stream represents a Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) Monitor III report
Table 1. Correlation between the RMF III report type and data
|RMF III report type
||Data stream name
Configuration values that you can update
- Data Source Name
- The name that uniquely identifies the data source to subscribers.
If you use the
field in the subscriber configuration to fully qualify the data
source name, this dataSourceName
value is automatically updated with the
fully qualified data source name. For more information about the values that you can select in the
field, see Subscriber configuration
- Customized Data Source Type
- A specification of whether to customize the data source type for Splunk HEC. The default value
is No, which represents that the subscriber uses the default data source type
to identify the type and format of the streamed data. If the value is set to
Yes, you need to specify the data source type for Splunk HEC in the following
Data Source Type for Splunk HEC field.
- Data Source Type for Splunk HEC
- A value that the subscriber can use to uniquely identify the type and format of the streamed
data. This field is available only when you set the value of Customized Data Source
Type to Yes, choose to customize the data source type and the
protocol is Splunk HEC with customized field support or Splunk HEC with customized field support
secure. The default value is Data Source Type_KV. You can
specify the value according to your needs.
- History Data Time Range
- Defines the time range of the history data to be collected at ZCDP restart. The unit is hour,
and the value must be an integer ranging from 1 to 48. The default value is 2. For example, when the
value of this parameter is 2, upon ZCDP restart, the history data of the last 2 hours is
- History Data Collection Speed
- Defines the speed of the history data collection. The value of this parameter is the ratio of
the history data collection speed to the data generation speed. The default value is 4. For example,
when the value of this parameter is 4, the history data is collected at four times the speed of the
data generation. If you set the value to 30 while the RMF III report gathering interval is 30
seconds, the history data is collected every one second.
The value of this
parameter must follow the rules:
- The value cannot be larger than the RMF III report gathering interval in seconds. For example,
if your RMF III report gathering interval is 1 minute (which is 60 seconds), the maximum value of
History Data Collection Speed is 60.
- The value cannot be larger than 100. For example, if your RMF III report gathering interval is
200 seconds, the maximum value of History Data Collection Speed is 100.
- Setting the speed value too high might impact your DDS performance.
RMF III Report in CSV format
For the RMF III Report
data streams, the Log Forwarder gathers data from
the RMF Distributed Data Server (DDS) and converts the data to CSV format. Each CSV record contains
the following parts:
Table 2. Parts in a CSV
||Local start time of data range for the report
||Local end time of data range for the report
||Additional headings and summary information for the report
||The requested performance data values in the report
The records that are gathered from the same table have the same LOCALSTART,
LOCALEND, and CAPTION values.