Time Filter transform
The Time Filter transform filters messages in the data stream according to a specified schedule, which you can define.
This filter discards messages that are not received within a time interval (or time window) that is defined in the schedule.
Configuration values that you can update
Configure Filter transformwindow:
- Specifies whether, and at what stage, data packets in the data stream are to be inspected. For
example, during transform processing, the data packets can be inspected by printing them to the
Z Common Data Provider Data Streamer job log at
the input stage, the output stage, or both stages. You can choose any of the following values. The default value is None. To prevent the sending of large volumes of data to the Z Common Data Provider Data Streamer job log, use the default value, unless you are instructed by IBM® Software Support to change this value for troubleshooting purposes.
- Specifies that data packets are not inspected.
- Specifies that data packets are printed to the Data Streamer job log before they are processed by the transform.
- Specifies that data packets are printed to the Data Streamer job log after they are processed by the transform.
- Specifies that data packets are printed to the Data Streamer job log both before and after they are processed by the transform.
- To define a new schedule with one or more time intervals, complete the following steps:
- For this field value, select Create a new schedule, and click OK.
- In the Edit name field of the resulting Schedules window, type the name for the schedule that you want to contain this time interval.
- To set the time interval for this schedule, either type the time information in the From and to fields, or use the slider to adjust the time.
- To add another time interval for this schedule, click ADD WINDOW, and repeat the previous step.
- To save the schedule, click APPLY.
For more information about how to define or update schedules in a policy, see SCHEDULES properties: Defining time intervals for filtering operational data.