Configuring the Log Forwarder
Before you run the Z Common Data Provider Log Forwarder to gather z/OS® log data, you must configure it.
Before you begin
- In the Configuration Tool, create one or more policies that include one or more data streams for
z/OS log data.
In the Configuration Tool, when you click the Configure icon on a data stream node for data that is gathered by the Log Forwarder, the
Configure data streamwindow is shown. Data stream configuration for data gathered by Log Forwarder lists the configuration values that you can update in this window.
- After you configure the data streams for z/OS log data, in the Global Properties section of the Policy Profile Edit window, click the LOG FORWARDER button. In the Configure Log Forwarder properties window, update the Discovery Interval and Pattern Discovery Interval configuration values, as described in LOG FORWARDER properties: Defining your Log Forwarder intervals.
- Output from the Configuration Tool describes the output from the Configuration Tool,
which includes the following Log Forwarder file:
- .config.properties file
- Contains configuration information for the Log Forwarder.
About this task
- Create the Log Forwarder started task, as described in Creating the Log Forwarder started task.
- If appropriate for your environment, install the user exit for collecting z/OS SYSLOG data, as described in Installing the user exit for collecting z/OS SYSLOG data.
- If appropriate for your environment, configure the z/OS NetView® message provider for collecting NetView messages, as described in Configuring the z/OS NetView message provider for collecting NetView messages.