Preparing the Data Collector to collect data in stream mode
Before you configure the Data Collector to collect different data types in stream mode, you must first complete the required setup for the data type. This prepares the Data Collector to collect data in stream mode.
To prepare the Data Collector to collect data in stream mode, complete the required setup in accordance with the data type as illustrated in Table 1.
About this task
To send data to Apache Kafka, the Data Collector automatically creates a header topic
|Data source type||Prerequisites|
|RMF Monitor III report||Requirements for collecting RMF Monitor III report data|
|IBM Z® NetView® messages||Configuring the z/OS NetView message provider for collecting NetView messages|
IBM-CDP-CSV-HEADERto store the headers from the following sources:
- z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) Monitor III report
- Job log, which is the output that is written to a data definition (DD) by a running job
- z/OS UNIX log file, including the UNIX System Services system log (syslogd)
- Entry-sequenced Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM)
- z/OS sequential data set
- IBM Z NetView messages
- IBM® WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS High Performance Extensible Logging (HPEL) log