Installing prerequisite hardware and software for WML for z/OS
WML for z/OS uses both IBM® proprietary and open source technologies and requires prerequisite hardware and software. Make sure that you procure, install, and configure the prerequisites in the z/OS environment prior to installing WML for z/OS.
- z16™, z15®, z14, z13®, or zEnterprise® EC12 system.
- z14 or later is required for the scoring of your ONNX models.
- z16 is required if you plan to use the on-chip AI accelerator for accelerating the scoring of your ONNX models.
- Make sure that the system where your WML for z/OS runs is configured with the required capacity. See Planning system capacity for WML for z/OS for details.
3.1, 2.5 or 2.4.
- For z/OS 2.5, apply PTFs UI78912, UI81095, UI80156.
- For z/OS 2.4, apply PTFs UI78913, UI81096, UI78103, UI80155.
- OA63406 if zIIP offload for Python workloads is required.
- IBM Z Deep Neural Network Library (zDNN), including the IBMZ AI Optimization Library and the IBM Z AI Data Embedding Library, if you plan to use IBM
z16 on-chip AI acceleration for online
scoring of your ONNX models.
- For z/OS 2.5, apply APARs OA62901, OA62902, and OA62903.
- For z/OS 2.4, apply APARs OA62849, OA62886, and OA62887.
- z/OS Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility (ICSF). Make sure that the ICSF component is properly configured and started. See ICSF Version and FMID for details.
- z/OS OpenSSH. See z/OS OpenSSH for instructions.
- IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS Java™ Technology Edition version 8 SR7, 11.0.17, or later.
- Db2® 12 for z/OS or later.
- IBM CICS® Transaction Server for z/OS 5.6.0 with PTFs UI77466, UI80396, UI80397, UI90253, UI90270, and UI91768, or later only if you plan to configure and run a scoring service in a CICS region.
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS Liberty version 220.127.116.11 or later. If you plan to use the WOLA scoring interface, make sure PTFs UI93537 and UI93538 are applied.
- IBM z/OS Container Extensions 2.4 with PTF OA59111 applied or a Linux® on Z server with Docker installed only if you want to import ONNX models for scoring. See Requirements for zCX for details.