Installing WML for z/OS
The WML for z/OS component contains the runtime environments, integrated systems, and core services for model deployment, scoring, and management. You can install and run WMLz as a standalone machine learning solution.
Before you begin
- The following installation tasks are intended for z/OS system programmers and administrators.
- Before you start to install WMLz, review the Installation roadmap and make sure that you've completed all preceding tasks in the sequence.
- Locate the SMP/E images, PTFs, and program directories that you already obtained and transferred onto your z/OS system. See Obtaining SMP/E images, program directories, and maintenance packages for WML for z/OS for details.
- Install WMLz.
- Follow the instructions in the Program Directory for WML for z/OS
Enterprise edition to run the SMP/E program and install WMLz Enterprise.
- The SMP/E program installs WMLz Enterprise in the
default /usr/lpp/IBM/aln/v3r1/core directory and /usr/lpp/IBM/aln/v3r1/ent directory, which are referred
to as $IML_INSTALL_DIR and $IML_INSTALL_ENT_DIR respectively. The core directory structure should look similar to the following example:
|-- alnsamp |-- bin |-- configuration | |-- defaults | `-- generated |-- extra | |-- examples | `-- log4j2.properties |-- iml-library |-- iml-services |-- iml-utilities |-- iml-zostools |-- nodejs |-- spark `-- usr |-- extension | |-- installableApps | | `-- scoring-wola.war | `-- lib | `-- iml_1.0.0.jar `-- serversThe enterprise directory structure should look similar to the following example:
|-- cics-scoring |-- iml-onnx |-- iml-portal |-- imlpython |-- node_modules `-- pyz
- Apply all available maintenance packages that will bring your WMLz to the latest code level of v3.1.0.
See Prerequisites and maintenance for IBM Machine Learning for z/OS for a list of APARs and corresponding PTFs.
- The SMP/E program installs WMLz Enterprise in the default /usr/lpp/IBM/aln/v3r1/core directory and /usr/lpp/IBM/aln/v3r1/ent directory, which are referred to as $IML_INSTALL_DIR and $IML_INSTALL_ENT_DIR respectively.
- Optionally, provision a zCX
instance on the system or prepare a Linux® on Z server with Docker
installed if you want to enable and configure WMLz to support your ONNX models. See Provisioning a zCX instance for instructions.
- Before starting zCX provisioning, meet all the hardware and software requirements as described in Requirements for zCX.
- Prepare a <docker_user> ID for configuring and managing the ONNX container in your zCX instance or the Linux on Z server. The ID can be a Docker administrator or a Docker user who must have the privileges to log in zCX or the Linux on Z server through SSH by using an ssh key or a password. See Additional configuration steps for details.
- Verify that SMP/E was successfully executed for all images and PTFs.