Configuring Peer Repositories - Client
To configure a system as a peer repository client, do the following:
- Connect to the Watson™ Explorer Engine administration tool that is running on the client system, select the Management > Administration menu item and select the Installation tab on the screen that displays.
- Click edit and provide the following information:
- Peer Repository Server URL: The URL of the Watson Explorer Engine administration tool that is running on the server. If you have installed the Watson Explorer Engine in the default location on the server, this would be a URL of the form http://hostname/vivisimo/cgi-bin/admin on a Linux system, or http://hostname/vivisimo/cgi-bin/admin.exe on a Microsoft Windows system.
- Peer Repository Server Username: The name of the user account that you created on the server in order to enable access to the server's repository.
- Peer Repository Server Password: The password of the user account that you specified as the Peer Repository Server Username.
- Click OK to save your changes.
To verify that your peer repository client and server are communicating correctly, select the Management > Repository menu command on the client system. The Synchronize tab should display the message Currently synchronizing with remote peer repository server, and you will see a list of nodes that you can download from the server. If you also enabled the Peer Repository Upload permission for the account that you are using to contact the server, you will also see a list of any nodes that exist on the client but not on the server, and which are therefore available to be uploaded to the server.