Configuring Application Builder
After installing the Application Builder module, you need to configure it.
|Linux||Navigate to the installation location for the Application Builder module (/opt/ibm/WEX/Appbuilder by
|Windows||Navigate to the installation location for the Application Builder module (\Program
Files\IBM\WEX\Appbuilder by default)
From a command line, run appbuilder-config.exe
The following questions will display. Hit Return to accept the defaults.
- Which language do you want to use for the configuration tool? The current language is ['en']. Other available languages are: ['en'] . Also see Change Application Builder user interface language.
- Which instance of Knowledge Center should Application Builder use for help links? It is currently using [http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8NLW_11.0.0]:
- Which port do you want Application Builder to listen on for
clients? The port is currently :
The number of the port on which Application Builder will listen for incoming connections. If you change the default port, do not use 8081 or 9090, which are the default ports for Results Module and Knowledge Center.
- What do you want to name the Application Builder application in the configuration file for WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile? The name is currently [AppBuilder]:
- Which ZooKeeper instance or instances do you want to use with Application Builder? The currently used instance or instances are
[localhost:2181]: A comma-separated list of host:port values that identify the hosts on which ZooKeeper has been installed for use by Application Builder and the port on which ZooKeeper is listening on each host.Note: If you modified the ports on which your ZooKeeper instances will be listening when you configured Zookeeper, you must identify those ports in the host:port entries that you enter for this field.
- Which namespace do you want to use for this instance of Application Builder? The currently used namespace is [production]:
The namespace that will be associated with Application Builder on any ZooKeeper installations that are configured for use by Application Builder to store configuration data.
- Do you want to install the service for Application Builder? [y/N]:
The Application Builder service will automatically start Application Builder whenever you restart a system on which it is installed. Installing the service is recommended.Note: You should integrate Application Builder into your system's startup and shutdown processes. See Integrating Other Watson Explorer Modules Into the Startup/Shutdown Process.
- You can adjust the configuration of your Application Builder WLP server after the fact by editing the
server.xml file in the
AppBuilder/wlp/usr/servers/AppBuilderdirectory of your installation. The authentication used by Application Builder is also configured in the server.xml file. See Configuring Application Builder after Installation for more information.
- For useful WLP commands, see Useful WLP Server Commands for Application Builder.