Configuring Keyed Database Seeds
The following values can be configured for this type of seed:
- Host - The hostname or IP address of the database server.
- Port (optional) - The port on which the database is listening.
- Username (optional) - Username for accessing this database.
- Password (optional) - Password for accessing this database.
- Database system - The type of database to connect to.
- Database name - The name of the database to retrieve results from.
- Table to retrieve - The name of a table to retrieve.
- Key Column (optional) - The name of a column to use as a unique key. This is used to create unique URLs at crawl time, and to update those same URLs later.
- Timestamp Column (optional) - The name of a column that contains a timestamp denoting when the row was last updated.
- Start Time (optional) - The time (specified as seconds since the epoch) to start a crawl from. Requires the Timestamp Column option to be set. This sets the XML value <value-of-var name="live-crawl-date" />
- Fetch Size (optional) - The number of rows to retrieve from the database in each interaction. A large value will minimize network overhead, but will require more memory to store the results while they are being processed.
- Maximum converted size (optional) - Maximum size of the data for a document. This is the largest block of memory that will be loaded at one time. Only increase this limit if you have sufficient memory on your computer.