Agent for Windows file systems crawler - configuration properties
The Agent for Windows file systems crawler crawls remote Microsoft Windows file systems.
To crawl a Microsoft Windows file system, you must first install an agent server on the remote Microsoft Windows server. The agent server is common with IBM Watson® Explorer Content Analytics. Use the install image Agent for Windows File Systems. For more information, see Agent for Windows file systems crawlers.
The Create crawler: Agent for Windows file systems screen is where you enter the configuration parameters for this crawler.
- Crawler name
- The name of the crawler. Alphanumeric characters, hyphens, underscores, and spaces are allowed.
- Crawler description
- A description of the crawler.
- Advanced options
- Time to wait between retrieval requests
- The time is expressed in milliseconds.
- Maximum number of active crawler threads
- The maximum number of active crawler threads.
- Maximum document size
- The maximum size expressed in kilobytes. The maximum value is 131,071 kilobytes.
- When the crawler session is started
- Specifies which content to crawl.
Data Source Properties
- Host name
- The host name of the remote Microsoft Windows server.
- Port for authentication
- The port for authenticating which is configured when the agent server is installed.
- Port for data transfer
- The port for transferring data which is configured when the agent server is installed.
- User name
- The user name to connect the agent server which is configured when the agent server is installed.
- The password of the specified user.
Crawl space Properties
You can find and add multiple crawl spaces for a file system. For instructions, see Finding and adding crawl spaces in a Windows file system.
Data source crawler plug-ins are Java™ applications that can change the content or metadata of crawled documents. You can configure a data source crawler plug-in for all non-web crawler types. For more information, see Crawler plug-ins.
- Enable the crawler plug-in
- Enable this option when you use the crawler plug-in.
- Plug-in class name
- The class name for the crawler plug-in.
- Plug-in class path
- The JAR file location of the crawler plug-in. The folder that contains the JAR file must be mounted so it is available. For more information, see Providing access to the local filesystem from Watson Explorer oneWEX.