Using the Standard Box Connector Installation Procedure
About this task
To install a new or updated connector from an archive file (.zip file), do the following:
- Ensure that there is no other version of the same connector still installed.
Copy or move the archive file for the connector to the top level of your Watson™ Explorer Engine installation directory:
Note: By default, the installation directory is \Program Files\IBM\WEX\Engine on Microsoft Windows systems, and /opt/ibm/WEX/Engine on Linux systems.
Extract the file. All files will be installed into the appropriate locations.
Specifically, the following files will be installed:
- lib/java/plugins/CONNECTOR-VERSION.zip - The connector plugin (where CONNECTOR is the name of the connector and VERSION is the specific version of the connector, such as 1.2.3).
- data/repository-supplements/function.vse-crawler-seed-CONNECTOR.xml - The connector's seed component, where CONNECTOR is the name of the connector. When the repository is unpacked, Watson Explorer Engine will identify the new file in the data/repository-supplements directory and will install it into the product repository.
- Log in to your Watson Explorer Engine administration tool.
- Navigate to . The installation screen displays.
- In the Repository section of the Installation screen, click unpack. The message Successfully unpacked repository files displays when the new repository nodes have been successfully incorporated into the repository.
After completing these steps, the new or updated connector will now be available as a seed when creating or modifying a site collection seed.